January 21, 2011

Re-do

Huh. Finally decided on blogger because the template's easier to navigate (Wordpress is too confusing for little old me). Also because blogger has such good secondary school memories!! Which could be a good thing (spritely youthfulness and over-brimming enthusiasm) or a bad thing (woefully stupid and immature).

So, re-do!
So I decided to do this because I felt like I didn't have a central depository of all my thoughts/ Feelings (capitalized because of the crazy person I have become in college) during these tumultous (and yes most exciting) years. One of my resolutions was to write more frequently--I feel like I've been hiding behind to-do lists and technical language (chiasmus is currently my pet favourite), but also to have a place to store all my Facebook photos just in case Facebook dies one day (!) and as an inspiration board for everything that makes me happy.

Rilke is one of my favourite poets and this is why:

Just as the winged energy of delight
carried you over many chasms early on,
now raise the daringly imagined arch
holding up the astounding bridges.

Miracle doesn’t lie only in the amazing
living through and defeat of danger;
miracles become miracles in the clear
achievement that is earned.

To work with things is not hubris
when building the association beyond words;
denser and denser the pattern becomes-
being carried along is not enough.

Take your well-disciplined strengths
and stretch them between two
opposing poles. Because inside human beings
is where God learns.

--

I want to get inside human beings this year: inside myself as I start recruiting for internships and jobs and experience college in all its tumultous nonsense, inside communities as I meet, serve and get to know them, inside a larger collective human voice that resonates within all of us, in poetry and in music and in conversation. There are so many things I want to do and so many things I want to achieve with my life, and sometimes I feel like there's no way I can ever achieve those things because I am so uneducated, so lost, so illogical; the destination seems overwhelmingly distant but "miracles are miracles in the clear/ achievement that is earned" and I'm going to put myself out there this semester/ year and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment