January 27, 2011

Transcendent

Ezra Pound is freaking amazing!!!

All the while they were talking the new morality
Her eyes explored me.
And when I arose to go
Her fingers were like the tissue
of a Japanese paper napkin.

AAAGGHHHH isn't it absolutely gorgeous!! The book by Altieri that I'm reading now encapsulates what I feel about that poem,
"The imagination of what this lady offers is inseparable from touch--text becomes texture."
I love how you can feel the lady's fingers on your skin, the absolute transcendent LUMINOSITY of feeling you get; the entire 2nd chapter of Altieri talks about how Pound was seeking to transform poetry from words on a page to words that convey movement and action, and perceptions that are beyond what you read on a page, and that poem just does it for me.

In other news:
- Started my first day of my internship, and I love it. I must take pictures of the hilarious wall decals (teaser: the word "pissed" appears above the door to the Executive Director's office) and the AMAZING stamp machine that funnels envelops through this tubular thing, seals your envelop, weighs it, stamps it, and spits it out at the other end. Oh technology, you never cease to amaze me.
- Had a good time tonight.
- D is passed out on my bed DIAGONALLY. I have tried to wake him up approx. 8 times tonight but have failed 8 times. Not a good track record.
- I have an entire single spaced page to write about the progression of one word in Twelfth Night. So far I have written 1/6th of the page and it is absolute rubbish.
):

No comments:

Post a Comment