March 8, 2011

Handmade gorgeousness

These pictures have been floating around the internet for a very long time; I saw them ages ago and fell in love with them but didn't save them and totally forgot what wedding it was/ who styled the wedding. AREN'T THEY GORGEOUS??




This is the wedding of photographer Max Wanger, who also takes exquisite photographs. The garland swing (!!! I ADORE swings. We spent Christmas in Central Park in New York playing at their playground and swinging and coming down the slide a billion different ways- one of the best days of my life. Seriously.), ceiling of streamers, scallop curls strung across the ceremony deck- all the handmade elements were by the amazing Ashley Meaders.

She is who I aspire to be when I grow up. So creative and brilliant! (garland swings!!!!)
Juju and I also baked salted caramel cupcakes last night. It was a little bit of a fail. But still yummy. Will update with more photos ...sometime soonish.

I've also been reading Jean Toomer's Cane for English- so lyrical and packed full with little vignettes about African-American life in the '20s. I highly recommend it.

1 comment: