March 28, 2011

Spring Break I: Thoughts

It is technically Monday now (it's 1am), so spring break is officially over, but I'm still trying to cling on to the remaining vestiges of spring break by not going to bed even though I want to be at the office early tomorrow. I've had an absolutely lovely spring break- filled with a lot of very very happy moments (what of spring break that I was actually conscious, that is...) embarking on Bay Area adventures. There were times when I found myself catching my breath, like when we were in the Planeterium at the California Academy of Sciences watching Life: A Cosmic Journey on the Imax screen and all these gorgeous sweeping images of the universe were being shown. Or when we were in Muir Woods, leaping over waterfall streams and dodging trees on the paths, surrounded by these gigantic redwood trees that had seen generations of ambitious, eager, enthusiastic teenagers like us caper around them in the thin sunlight. Or when we were at my first NBA game (!!!!!!) this evening, watching all these lanky basketballers put their lives and fates in the spin of a ball.

Some flowers in the Shakespeare Garden at Golden Gate park- I love this place. More pictures to come of the California Academy of Sciences, Muir Woods, Muir Beach, the Balenciaga and Spain exhibition at the de Young (BREATHTAKING exhibition. Balenciaga's artistry is UNPARALLELED), and the Warriors v. Wizards game at the Oracle Arena!

I love this place. I love the Bay Area. There is so much beauty, and knowledge, and a deep-rootedness of history and past driven forward by technology innovation that makes this place such a oscillating tumble of past and future encased within the tumultous present.

1 comment: