June 3, 2011

Hong Kong!!

I haven't spoken to anyone besides brief "thank you"s and "can I have some cup noodles please" in over 15h, and I think I'm going a little crazy- I talk to myself, "hmm which meeting point should I be at?" and "omg it is so bloody hot even in the airport, Asia is going to kill me" AND PEOPLE KEEP STARING AT ME WEIRDLY. I think it's the talking; I should stop.

So I'm finally in Hong Kong and I'm waiting for my mom to arrive on her flight from Singapore. It feels a little strange (and I'm pretty sure that it will feel stranger moving forward) that I'm finally going to see my family after so long- it's almost like they've become strangers, and my Benvenue friends have become my family, and I don't know how I'm going to adapt back to living with them. Being in Asia is a little strange now, because everyone keeps speaking in Cantonese, the signs are all in Chinese (oh good lord, it took me such a long time to find "xing jia po/ puo" ?? Sorry, Ministry of Education, I am a complete failure of your bilingual system), and everyone is Asian.

Miss you already.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an amazing adventure! I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete