August 17, 2011

Wrist wreaths

I am a huge fan of bracelets, but my little bird wrists are too thin for large jangly ones, and anyway they look kind of gaping and awkward on my hands (this is the reason why I never wear bangles or rings, they fall off in the sink too easily)

But these wrap bracelets are perfect for many reasons:
  1. They fit any wrist because you can bundle them around your hand as many times you need
  2. You do-it-yourself (which might be a good or bad thing depending on how artistically inclined you may be)- which means you get to customize the length regardless
  3. The instructions are ridiculously simple and require minimal dexterity, which is always good for those challenged in the hand-eye coordination department (a.k.a. me)

More instructions for Honestly WTF's DIY Hex Nut Bracelet here.

Further instructions for Honestly WTF's DIY Chan Luu-inspired wrap bracelet here.
All images taken from the Honestly WTF website.

[Can you tell] I've been trying to keep my hands (and hopefully my mind) occupied on the 17h flight back to Berkeley? I'm not the knitting type, so I think knotting bracelets would be a more achievable task.

1 comment: