October 5, 2011

Favourites: Miu Miu SS10

On a cold, miserable day like this (Berkeley weather is flipflopping between sunshine and pouring rain, it's ridiculous), there's nothing that makes me happier than discovering beautiful illustrations of one of my all-time favourite collections, Miu Miu SS10. The angular style of illustrationist Jiiakuann really perfectly captures the hard-edged, intellectual quality of many of Miuccia Prada's clothes; at the same time, the quirky details in the illustrations, like heavily shadowed eyes and thin colouring, also capture the offbeat and slightly weird Miu Miu aesthetic.

If you can't already tell, I've been practicing a lot of close reading in my English classes, and it's impacting many more areas of my life than I originally envisioned. Still, these are gorgeous. I wish they were available as prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment