March 18, 2012

Spring flowers!

The weather here in Berkeley for the past couple of days have been TERRIBLE (I've tweeted about the non-stop rain/ dreary skies/ terrible moods more than I really should have been inflicting my Twitter feed friends with), but just when I was about to seriously consider transferring to another college in a sunny beach town, the sun came out, and Berkeley BROUGHT IT. Today was so beautiful! Sunny and lightly breezy; Dan and I went for a walk after lunch because it was so gorgeous out.

Along the day we saw so many gorgeous flowers that I couldn't help but whip out [Dan's] iPhone to document our journeys! Plus I'm trying to participate in GOOD's 30 day challenge of "making art every day" so this is my first foray into it.


A rainbow coalition of Spring flowers is taking over Berkeley!! And this was only over a stretch of 3 blocks, which is insane. The only thing I'm really sad about is that we had these ridiculously gorgeous wilting white flowered trees a couple of weeks ago but I never managed to get a good picture of them, so you'll just have to take my word that they were phenomenal.

If you're joining me in the GOOD 30 day challenge let me know! We can spur each other on and inspire creativity every day :)

All images taken on the iPhone and edited with Instagram

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it's spring in your part of the world too :)

      Delete
  2. omg so pretty! i'm loving the spring flowers too, though we don't have such a huge variety. but just seeing flowers blooming everywhere lifts my mood (:

    ReplyDelete