March 5, 2012

Sunday Funday

I just spent the entire morning editing my resume and writing cover letters- how did applying to 3 firms take up 2 hours of my time? I have one more cover letter to write, but my brain hurts so I'm taking a well-deserved blogging break before embarking on that can of worms.

Monday mornings always make me sad because I can't believe how fast the weekend whizzes by- this weekend I shopped my scholarship cheque away (KIDDING) (not really) in San Francisco and had really great hanging out time with Joan and Lisa, and then spent the entire Sunday with Dan studying, reading, and making a Nutella-banana french toast brunch. It was SO good. I'm not even that big of a french toast fan, but I can't even-

Here are some pictures, they say more than I ever could


The bananas made it somewhat healthy. I guess. Also, that is possibly my all-time favourite photograph of Dan, and I am brandishing my Nutella spoon in triumph at our french toast success.

French Toast Recipe
from How Sweet Eats

3 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter for the pan

In a bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, cream and cinnamon, whisking until combined. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and brush with butter. Dip each slice into the egg mixture for about 30 seconds to coat completely (I put it in for 15 seconds on each side instead of squishing the bread into the mixture for the full 30), then place on buttered surface. Cook until golden and somewhat crispy, about 2 minutes per side.

After this, you may choose to set up an assembly line of french toast, Nutella, and banana slices the way we did, or dump anything on it to your heart's content. I think it would be obscenely delicious with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.

1 comment:

  1. your brandishing of the Nutella spoon is positively Communist-like. made me laugh. =D

    ReplyDelete