May 3, 2012

Midweek pick-me-up!

After a cranky day of working through tedious intellectual problems, I threw my hands up in annoyance, left the house for dinner and some Wayfarer purchasing, and returned with some red lipstick!


CVS was having a buy-one-get-one-50%-off offer so I also picked up a Revlon lip liner in Pink (which...isn't pink at all, but a bright cherry red). True Red is a super bright red with some blue undertones, and I feel woefully under made up in these pictures: I think this is the kind of lipstick one definitely needs to wear with concealer (oh hi, finals eyebags and dark circles!) and blush because it throws the rest of the face into such shadow in contrast to its crazy redness.

I've worn it for approximately 5h (time passes fast when you're rushing through stacks of notes...) and have drunk copious amounts of water since, and it's faded to a very wearable coral even without the lip liner underneath. I think this one's a keeper, folks! (Although it does, as demonstrated in the pictures above, leave a mark on cups and cheeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment