June 1, 2012

Friday Favourites: June 1st

Today's my first full day out in Brooklyn! It looks fairly dreary though, but I guess being from the Bay Area has its perks- I've become so used to fog and rain from the spring that bad skies no longer deter me. Some lovely summer ideas/ images that have caught my eye this week:

1. Summer boho party from 100 Layer Cake
(via Lovely Morning)


Incredibly beautiful styling!! I love the idea of having a little tent in the backyard (maybe with a fire pit for s'mores as well!) and those soft blush colours go with the evening light so well. If only I had a backyard... and like 200 yards of extra fabric lying around to make a casual tent.

2. Herb Garden in a Box from Randi's guest post on You Are My Fave


I think this is a great idea to get started in the summer. Plus when you live in as small of an apartment as I do, having a garden in an egg tray is really the only way to grow a garden, period.

3. An oldie but still a goodie- looks from Gucci Spring/Summer 2011


The colours. The intricate tying. The little cutout that makes it sexy but not trashy or overly revealing. Yes to all. Now to search for these looks on a sale site somewhere. Or to try my hand at tying my own top?! Plus it reminds me a tad of my birthday dress, which makes me feel smugly trendy.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment