June 10, 2012

Things I'm grateful for

Hello there. In need of refocusing, so:
1. Coffee in the morning -- and McDonald's and Starbucks right at my office lobby for easy access to said coffee 
2. The means to purchase this flamingo printed dress just because I like flamingos and I like dresses. And also because I was having a bad day. 
3. Sarabeth's salmon eggs benedict. Dear Sarabeth's: thank you for creating the best eggs bene I have ever eaten in my life. My tummy (though not my wallet) is truly grateful. 
4. The Cloisters at the Met Museum. Dear Met: thank you for transplanting half of medieval Europe into America and perching it in Fort Tyron Park, and then fusing doors and stained glass windows and medieval gardens so it becomes an incredible amalgamation of serenity and happiness. If you weren't over 190 streets away from my apartment (and that's only counting from the Brooklyn Bridge), I would visit you every day. 
5. The Brooklyn Public Library. My #1 criteria for future apartments is that I have to live within a 1 block radius of a public library. There are no words.
Sorry for the small hiatus in blog posts. This week has been incredibly overwhelming for me. I have forgotten to work like this - it's not hard or particularly challenging in all the normal ways I'm used to, which makes it even more challenging. I'm glad I'm here, but I really miss the Bay. I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity, but I feel so woefully inadequate and underprepared. But only I can change my situation. NO to being continually nervous and jittery! NO to fatigue and tiredness! NO to saying No to new experiences! NO to letting this amazing experience slip past me without grasping on to every moment of it! NO to crippling uncertainty! Gen's ego, please emerge and stop cowering under a rock. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Dear gen! It's mylene from espy here! I'm much older (Hee) but I know how you feel. Let's not take things for granted and embrace life the best that we can! Enjoy NYC & Brooklyn represent! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Gen!! The five things to be grateful for seem awesome! I'm sure there are a lot of other surprises! <3

    ReplyDelete